Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Searching for a natural cure and my current face routine


In the previous post, I have described a routine which I used and it cleared my acne. Scars are still there, but I must admitt skin looks much better. Every year I gain more and more experience, and I know-deep down that I will never have a clear face. Simple as that. My dad used to have acne-genetics, I had (now drinking pills, so I don't have these problems anymore) serious pains while having period and my skin is oily-hormones. I have very bad eating habits, and I know it is a huge problem. But somehow I believe that there is a 'cure' for everything. It doesn't have to be in form of pills but we should look for it in nature. I researched so much, googled, looked up on instagram and other social networks and I really found some people who I admire very much. I learnt some things from them, and kind of made my own routine.

Face routine should have 4 important steps.
1.Cleansing (face wash with gel, and oil cleansing)
2. Toning (Apple Cider Vinegar, reduces skin pH)
3. Moisturizing (Effeclar Duo plus)
4. Putting spot treatments if you still have acne, or creams for reducing scars, like me (Skinoren, and you can use Zineryt for spot treatment)

Of course, you can change this and useother products, but it's important to do these 4 steps.

1. Cleansing- When my face cleared up from Acnefug oxid wash and my skin got used on Zineryt (it didn't have effect anymore) I decided to try something new. I thought a lot. My skin is oily and, as you may notice, acne products are always made to dry out skin, and reduce sebum. I found some interesting post where it wrote that answer for oily skin can be oil. When we dry out our face, skin 'thinks' that it should produce more of the protecting layer-oil. Interesting. I have decided to try it. It's called oil cleansing. I used olive oil at first. What I did? Before sleeping ,I cleaned my skin with La Roche posay Effeclar foaming gel, and then put a bit of olive oil on my face and massaged it in my skin. I massaged it for at least fifteen minutes, because I have heard that it's possible to break scar tissue underneath. If I was in hurry I would just jump in the shower and wash it off. If not, I would take my towel, and put it under hot water and then steamed my face with it until oil soaks up. If there is anything oil left I would rinse it off. Recently I have bought Grapeseed oil, and I find it better than Olive oil. Olive oil is kind of heavy for my skin.Sometimes I just leave oil on my skin until the morning. My skin feels moisturized and fresh, Grapeseed oil is good for wrinkles. But be careful, some oils can break you up, so if you are ready to risk, you can experiment. It did help me.

2. Toning-There are a lot of toners on the market. I found out that Apple Cider Vinegar reduces skin pH. pH is As you might remember from science class, pH is the measurement of acidity. But what does that mean in the context of your skin?
Your skin needs a certain amount of oil to stay waterproof and resist infections. Too little can lead to dry skin and the premature development of wrinkles; too much can lead to oily skin and acne. The oil in your skin is called sebum and it’s produced by the sebaceous glands, tiny ducts that lie next to the hair follicles. You can find more information about it on this page, I copied this pH information from it. http://www.health24.com/Medical/Skin/Caring-for-your-skin/What-is-skin-pH-20120721

I have bought a bottle of Apple cider vinegar and I dilluted it with water. I use half water, half vinegar but people recommend to mix 3 parts (3/4 cup) distilled water with 1 part (1/4 cup) Apple Cider Vinegar. I put it on my face after oil cleansing and I gently dry off my face with a smooth towel. Just put a bit of it on a cotton pad and wipe your face off. Don't use it under eyes, and extra tip, be careful if you have waxed your upper lips. Don't use it there.


3.Moisturizing-Next step is moisturizing. Since I have good experience with La Roche Posay I decided to buy Effeclar Duo plus. I often use it as a primer, under makeup. It is supposed to unclog pores and whiten your acne marks. It works nice for me, but if you have cheapest soloution for a moisturizer then buy another product, but it is important to moisturize your skin.


Try to find Apple Cider Vinegar with 'mother'. It is important to be organic, as well as your oil.
My grapeseed oil is Italian, but vinegar is European.


4. Spot or Scar treatment-And for the end of my routine I use Skinoren for scars, but just on my cheeks. Be careful that you always wait a bit in between this steps, so that every product have a chance to soak in. I am not sure if this routine is good for me and you, but now it works well. If anyone has some preposition or advice, I would like to hear. I also make a lot of homemade masks which I will write in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment